What will it cost?
There is a $200* facility fee to access our Specialist Emergency Clinic. This covers your immediate specialist consultation and assessment, diagnostic imaging and blood tests, observation and any interventions necessary.
Within 24 hours representation
If you return to WiSE for further consultation with our Emergency Specialist within 24-hours of your first presentation, with the same condition, there is no additional cost to access our facility.
Within 7 days representation
There is a $100* facility fee If you return to us within 7 days, for the same condition we will provide a discounted rate of $100. The cost of some consumables and medications may apply.
Acute care follow up Specialist Clinics
There is a $100* Facility Fee to access any of our Specialist Clinics. The cost of consumables may apply (fibreglass cast, CAMBOOTS, Crutches, Splints)
All our Radiology services, XRAY, CT, OPG and Ultrasound are bulk-billed with a valid GP or Specialist Referral.
For those accessing Ultrasound after-hours, 6pm to 10pm, Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays a Sonographer call-out fee may apply. Please enquire at the time of your booking.
All our blood tests are bulk-billed with a valid GP or Specialist Referral.
Medicare, Health Insurance and Work Cover
In addition to the $200 Facility Fee, all non-medicare patients will be charged the Medicare Scheduled rates for all other services. This includes all diagnostics; Radiology and Pathology, consumables, Physician consulting and procedure fees.
Non-Medicare Patients with Travel insurance
In addition to the above, Non-Medicare patients with Travel insurance will be able to claim costs incurred. Please inquire with your Insurer.
Medicare Reciprocal Health Agreement
Travellers from countries with a reciprocal arrangement with Medicare will pay upfront the WiSE Facility Fees and Medicare Scheduled rates for all other services. You may then try and claim your Medicare Schedule costs
Eligible BUPA overseas members are fully covered to use the Wise Specialist Emergency service.
WiSE has an agreement with Bupa (HI) that Bupa will pay the standard fees as below:
- Standard Fee: $200 for accessing the Specialist Emergency service. This covers your immediate specialist consultation and assessment, diagnostic imaging and blood tests, observation and any interventions necessary.
- $100 Fee: for a return visit within 1 week – for repeat presentation only or for follow-up
- No Fee: for a return visit within 24 hours – for repeat presentation only or for follow-up
- Coverage for accessing Wise Radiology and Pathology when presenting with a valid outpatient GP/Specialist referral.
- The cost of consumables (Crutches, Camboots, etc) will be at a cost to the patient.
*Bupa overseas members should confirm their eligibility to ensure waiting periods do not apply. Further information click here.
* This fee is not covered by Medicare or health funds. Eligible Bupa overseas insurance members are covered.
WiSE works with your employer to provide work cover injury support and is at no cost to the patient. Please speak to your employer regarding services at WiSE. On presentation, please ensure you have your claim number and the appropriate contact person details.
* This fee is not covered by Medicare or health funds. Bupa overseas insurance members are covered.