What is Fracture Clinic?
This WiSE Fracture clinic was developed to provide see all patients presenting for the fracture clinic in a seamless, timely fashion outside the hospital environment.
The WiSE aim is to not only treat these conditions but improve the flow of patients between Specialists and allied health professionals. In doing so, our service has the potential to deliver seamless, patient-centered care; improved service and care for a range of patients; and a much-needed pressure release on the healthcare system.
The WiSE Fracture Clinic provides an all inclusive facility for your patients with a fractures and/or musculoskeletal injury.
- Patients that will benefit include:
- Wise Specialist Emergency Clinic patients requiring follow up
- Any patient who would have be sent to the local Emergency Department
- Any fractures, including those that may require surgical management
- Sports injuries that may require specialist opinion and management
- Musculoskeletal complaints, acute or chronic, that may benefit from rapid assessment.
Fracture Clinic is led by the head of MQ Health Limb Reconstruction Centre, Professor Munjed Al Muderis. Professor Al Muderis brings together a core group of orthopaedic surgeons with unique expertise and a strong commitment to performing complex and innovative surgeries. His team of Orthopaedic Surgeons are College recognised Fellows of the world-renowned AOA training program. Together, we believe specialist Orthopaedic care should be immediately accessible, patient-focussed and delivered in an economical way to respond to the community’s needs.
What services are available?
What are the fees?
- $115 Facility Fee* when accessing the WiSE Fracture Clinic
- The Orthopaedic specialist consultation and assessment, diagnostic imaging, blood tests, observation and any treatment necessary will be covered by
- Cost of consumables may apply (Fibreglass casts, splinting, crutches, camboots)
- Physiotherapy costs may apply. HICAPS available**
- If surgery is required, fees will be discussed with you prior to admission
*Medicare eligible patients
**Private health-insurance with extras cover