Free Kids Dental Day
DATE – Saturday 14th July, 2018
TIME – 1:30pm registration and light refreshments 2:00pm – 4:00pm training
VENUE – WiSE Emergency Clinic, 33-39 Talavera Rd, Macquarie Park. Entrance via Khartoum Rd, with free parking on site.
SPEAKERS – Dr. S. V. Mahadevan, FACEP, FAAEM Professor of Emergency Medicine (Stanford University)
- Identify and effectively manage patients with anaphylaxis.
- Effectively manage patients presenting with severe asthma prior to transfer to the emergency department
- Appropriately risk-stratify acute chest pain patients to reduce misdiagnosis and delays in evaluation and treatment.
- Identify and effectively manage patients in status epilepticus.
- Conduct rapid, bedside evaluations to evaluate and differentiate patients with low, moderate, and high-risk syncope presentations
- Effectively communicate with EMS and Emergency Physicians while managing emergencies.
COST – There is no cost for GPs within the Sydney North Primary Health Network region
ENQUIRIES – Robi or Judy – Education Team – 9432 8250 [email protected]
Managing Emergencies in Primary Health Care
Date: Sunday 9th April
Time: 11 am – 5 pm
Location: 2, 33-39 Talavera Road. Macquarie Park (entrance via Khartoum Road)
For more information download invitation
Are you having difficulties breastfeeding?
WiSE Specialist Emergency Medical Clinic is offering FREE Lactation Consultations to the first 20 applicants with our qualified Lactation specialists.Session topics include; breastfeeding and changing feeding patterns, baby cues, attachment and positioning and Q&A about breastfeeding.
Date: Every Saturday for the months of June & July 2017
Time: 9:00 am
Duration: 2 hours
Location: WiSE Specialist Emergency Clinic, 33-39 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113 (entrance via Khartoum Road)
Applications: Please send a contact us enquiry by accessing http://www.wisemedical.com.au/contact-us/
To apply, please include in the subject line ‘Free Breastfeeding Clinic’. Please include your name, contact number, email and age of child in the body of the email. We will be in contact with you by 05 May if your application has been successful.
Management and Plastering Workshop
Acute Hand and Wrist Injuries
Can you correctly identify a serious hand or wrist injury? Are you competent at application of plaster for immobilisation of an injured hand/wrist? GPs and PNs are invited to attend this workshop where you will develop the knowledge and skills required to manage a serious hand/wrist injury.
DATE – Tuesday 18 July 2017
TIME – 6:30pm registration and dinner 7:00-9:00pm workshop
VENUE – Wise Emergency Clinic, 33-39 Talavera Rd, Macquarie Park. Entrance via Khartoum Rd, with free parking onsite.
SPEAKERS – Dr Rui Niu
Dr Rui Niu graduated From Medicine at the University of New South Wales with First Class Honours in 2007. In the last 10 years, Dr Niu has undertaken advanced orthopaedics surgery training at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Royal North Shore Hospital and the Children’s Hospital at Westmead. He was an academic lecturer at UNSW and has been a faculty for 4 years with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in the Early Management of Severe Trauma (EMST) program. Dr Niu passed the Australian Orthopaedic Association and the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Fellowship exams in 2016. He will complete his fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery at Sydney Shoulder Research Institute with Dr Cass and Dr Young in 2017. Dr Niu is passionate about trauma surgery and believes education and access improves patient care.
1. Assess and identify a serious injury in the wrist and hand
2. Explain the reasons and methods for immobilization of the hand and wrist
3. Utilise the knowledge and skills gained in order to appropriately and effectively apply a backslab plaster
COST – There is no cost for GPs and Practice Nurses within the Sydney North Primary Health Network region
ENQUIRIES – Cathy or Judy – Education Team – 9432 8250 [email protected]