WiSE patients now have immediate access to Orthopaedic Specialists, saving you the hassle of lengthy Emergency Department wait-times. Our partnership with Access Orthopaedics is the first of it’s kind in Sydney and allows conditions such as fractures and sports injuries to be treated in our Clinic by a Specialist.
Our Orthopaedic Specialists are Australian trained surgeons and believe specialist orthopaedic care should be immediately accessible, patient-focussed and delivered in an economical way, to respond to our community’s needs.
- On-site Physiotherapists, X-ray, CT, Pathology, Musculoskeletal-specialised Ultrasound and rapid local access to MRI
- Twice-weekly fracture clinics
- After-school and after-hours clinics
- Specialist assessment and management of all sport and musculoskeletal injuries
- Direct referral by primary health care clinicians
- On-line Referral System with same day response
- No-gap surgical management
We care for the following conditions:
- Fractures, including those that may require surgical management
- Sports injuries that may require specialist management
- Musculoskeletal complaints, acute or chronic, that may benefit from rapid assessment
For patients who are directly referred from their GP, a $100 specialist access fee is payable per visit*.
For patients who present to WiSE for emergency assessment, there is a $200 facility fee* which includes all diagnostic services. If patients require a subsequent Orthopaedic Specialist consultation, the $100 specialist access fee* per consultation applies. Additional costs may apply for physiotherapist and orthotics services.
*There are no rebates available for this fee.