Respiratory Clinic, Macquarie Park
If you are experiencing a cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat or troubled breathing you will be seen in our Respiratory Clinic. This clinic is located separately to WiSE with its own entrance via Khartoum Road.
The WiSE Specialist Emergency Clinic team is working with the Commonwealth Department of Health, MQ Health and Northern Sydney Primary Health Network to establish a Primary Care Respiratory Clinic adjacent to, but totally separate from the regular WiSE Specialist Emergency Clinic.
The Respiratory clinic will be available to assess people with mild-moderate respiratory symptoms and test and diagnose cases including COVID-19, influenza and pneumonia.
It aims to take the pressure off local emergency departments who will need to prioritise severe cases, and relieve pressure on local general practices, so that they can continue to safely care for patients for non-respiratory related conditions.
WHO IS THE CLINIC FOR?
- To help people that may have chest colds, flu and other respiratory infections.
- People who are experiencing unusual shortness of breath
WHY NOT GO TO MY LOCAL DOCTOR OR HOSPITAL?
- The Clinic aims to help local doctors and hospital emergency departments, by taking the pressure off them during this very busy time.
- The Clinic can assess people with respiratory symptoms
- The Clinic can diagnose cases of influenza, pneumonia and COVID-19
- People diagnosed with severe illness will be referred to the most appropriate health service for treatment
- If you are experiencing a life threatening or severe condition, please call triple 0 or attend your local hospital
WHAT DOES IT COST?
- The clinic is FREE as it is a partnership between the WiSE Clinic team, Australian Department of Health and Northern Sydney Primary Health Network
WHO IS RUNNING THE CLINIC?
- The clinic is run by General Practitioners, Nurses and Specialists.
WHERE IS THE CLINIC, HOW DO I GET IN?
To learn more visit the Department of Health website here
For NSW Respiratory Clinics and the Ryde Respiratory Clinic online bookings visit here
If you are unable to book online, please call 0412 611 948 between the hours of 9am and 5pm.
The Respiratory Clinic is located at 11-17 Khartoum Road, Macquarie Park.
The Respiratory Clinic is adjacent to, but totally separate from the WiSE Specialist Emergency Clinic. If you have any of the symptoms listed above you will not be allowed to enter through the WiSE Clinic main entrance. Please do not enter the WiSE Clinic carpark of 17 Khartoum Road.
Respiratory Clinic opening hours
- 7 days a week
Primary Care – Central Patient COVID-19 Triage Hotline –1800 020 080
HOW DO I ACCESS MY RESULTS?
Please note it will take up to 72 hours for your result to be provided to you.
If you have a positive result, you will be contacted by one of our Doctors
If you have a negative result, you will receive a text message
If you have further enquiries, please [email protected]